Skip to main content


Showing posts from January, 2017

What To Do When You Can't See Your Child - Custodial Interference

Custodial interference is where a parent refuses to honor a parent time order. Parents not following a parent time order are at risk for custodial interference. If you do not have an order, there is no custodial interference. This article will help you understand what you need to do if the other parent is refusing to let you contact the child, or what you should do if the other parent wants contact. 1. What You Should Do If You Cannot See Your Children. This is a common problem. One parent moves out and the other has the children. The parent with the children is withholding parent time, and you are feeling powerless and are missing your children. These situations are a difficult one to bear. Unfortunately, calling the police will not help, and unless the children are in danger of immediate and irreparable harm, there's little you can do to change things immediately. Your best course of action if there's no danger is to immediately file with the court. File a petition for custo…

Order To Show Cause - Violation of Probation

If you failed to follow a condition of probation, you will receive a notice to appear for an Order to Show Cause hearing. This article will help you know what to expect, and what to do in Utah. Order to Show Cause: What to Expect You will will have certain conditions you will need to comply with as a result of probation. You almost always will have to pay a fine, and not violate any further laws. Depending on the type of conviction, you may need to get an evaluation for drug, alcohol or domestic violence treatment. This is not an exhaustive list, and you should refer to your probation agreement for further requirements. After your conviction, you were, at some point, sentenced to do certain things. You may have heard the judge say that you were being sentenced to pay $1500 and serve 180 days in jail. You may have also heard the judge say that he is suspending all but $600 dollars (for example) and all 180 days in jail. What this means is that as long as you were successful on probati…